How Windscreen Repair Works
Auto Glass repair is a cheap but proven alternative to replacing a damaged windscreen. A windscreen is repaired by injecting a special liquid resin into the cracked or chipped windscreen with a professional repair tool called a Bridge.
When the windscreen repair is complete it is cured with UV light to harden the repair resin. Next the repair is polished for clarity and that’s it. The structural strength is now restored to your windscreen and the damage will be significantly less visible.
What to expect from a windscreen repair
- Restores structural integrity to damaged glass (prevents cracking)
- The stone chip is less visible, up to 80% improvement in damaged area
- Save money on windscreen replacement ($350 new vs $78 repair )
- Pass the Roadworthy Certificate
* Important Note. During the repair process there is a small chance that the damaged may get worse rendering the windscreen irreparable. Sometimes this can be helped as some chips are very fragile. However, this is a very rare occurrence for Service 8® as we take every precaution to reduce this risk. We also have a No Fix, No Fee policy so if if the repair does not work out then there will be no charge.